The European Training Foundation (ETF) is a specialized agency of the European Union based in Italy.It provides advice and assistance to the European Commission and 30 partner countries for the reform of human capital development policies & helps transition and developing countries to harness the potential of their human capital through the education, training and labour market systems reform.
In light of a direct request by the European Representative office in WB&GS and in cooperation with GIZ , ETF has formulated a TVET support program for three governorates in the West Bank (Bethlehem ,Hebron, and Nablus) which aimed to support TVET institutions in these governorates to deliver more relevant training to equips Palestinians trainees with the required qualifications/capacities by the labor market .
within this context , the European Union Representative office asked ETF to carry out an assessment of employability situation in Area C which in turn contracted Transtec to implement this study.
The main objective of this study was to support the European Commission in assessment the employability situation in Area C in the West Bank and formulation a program to support TVET in this area through the following set of activities:
- A qualitative assessment of the knowledge, skills and abilities of the labor force in targeted areas and its capacities to access the labor market.
- A qualitative and quantitative assessment of the job opportunities in the targeted areas.
- Recommendations for future interventions , including a mapping of partners operating already in area C.
- A digital map of labor data in the area C, based on the labor force survey data of the West Bank.
To this end, Transtec in turn has contracted GCT to provide qualified local experts with required competences to work in achieving the study objectives and cooperating with other international experts for
- Contributing to the Identification of all relevant stakeholders in this study to be targeted through the focus groups.
- Contributing to the Identification of existing literature on employability in Area C.
- Participating in and facilitating the focus groups and targeted interviews followed by conclusions drafting to be delivered to ETF and the senior expert .
- Implementation of the sample of the household survey (50 interviews).
- Drafting a quantitative assessment on the job opportunities in the targeted areas compatible with the amount of available data.
- Preparing a digital mapping of labor data in Area C, by matching a GIS map of Area C with the labor force survey data of the West Bank
Support to the European Commission in the assessment of the employability situation of Area C in the West Bank of the Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt), and formulation of a program to support TVET in Area C .2012