The MDP is a multi-phase national program which is implemented by the Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF). Its first phase was spanned over a three years period from 2010 to 2013 targeting all 134 municipalities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and has provided municipalities with a combination of technical assistance and annual performance-based grants for priority sub-projects to improve municipal finance and municipal planning. The second phase of MDP (Phase II) is planned to support municipalities – over the short-term- in improving their municipal management practices for better municipal transparency and service delivery. It is designed to address the core issues in municipal service delivery, including: poor management practices that compound an already severe budgetary crisis, lack of local budgets for capital investments, and low revenue generation.
Accordingly, it will emphasize on mechanisms to improve service delivery, citizen engagement, revenue generation and municipal responsiveness. Within the frame work of windows 4 of MDP and as a delegated implementation agency, MDLF was intended to use part of the Grant to hire a consulting firm to perform Feasibility Study for Establishment of Multi-Story Shopping Mall in City of Ramallah.
The overall objective of this assignments was to collect and analyze information to provide insight into market demand and available opportunities on Shopping Malls Sector in Palestinian Territories, in addition to inform the respective municipality with a better understanding of this sector, as well as identify the viability of the Mall by studying and documenting the available opportunities, and the lessons learned from similar projects at the national and international level.
- Reviewing of all relevant documents to the assignment under consideration from all available sources
- Assessment of Project Original Idea, and conducting market assessment of Shopping Mall Sector at National – International level and Local Economy of Ramallah City.
- Preparing and submission of Project Idea and Market Assessment Report.
- Assessment the Shopping Mall Location and preparing the Initial Conceptual Design.
- Assessment of the competitive /urban advantage of selected location, its stability and evaluation of Mall Building specifications.
- Preparing and submission of Final Mall Conceptual Design, and Location/Site Assessment Report.
- Assessment of Project Impacts and Risks (urban, economical, social, and environmental),
- Preparing and submission of project Impact, Risks, and Risks Mitigation Plan Report.
- Assessment of project financial feasibility, funding mechanism, and development of the implementation plans.
- Preparing and submission of project Financials, Funding Mechanism, and Implementation Plan Report.
- Final Reporting , Building Public Consensus and Assignment Closure